You might feel like everything can be DIY-ed with Google and YouTube within your grasp. But one thing you really do not want to leave up to chance (and DIY entirely on your own) is getting your legal grounds covered.
Today, I’m chatting with Michelle Murphy, owner of Wilson Murphy Law and the CEO Legal Loft. Michelle works with small businesses and creatives to secure and protect their business through trademarks, contracts, copyrights, and business formations. In this episode, we talk about the different legal grounds you need to cover to protect your business from contracts, copyright registration, and trademarks. You’re not going to want to miss this episode as it can save you from unpleasant business situations in the future.
Here’s a closer look at the episode:
- The most important things you need to have in order for your business
- Why you need to trademark your business name
- Copyright registration and how it works
- Biggest mistakes small business owners make with big legal implications
- Small business legal horror stories to scare you into protecting your business
“I always tell my clients, try not to use your name if you can. I mean, there are people that are doing fine trademarking their name. But if you can, I would just stay away from that, because you don’t want to be put in that situation where you can’t use your name publicly.”
– Michelle Murphy
- Michelle’s website: www.wilsonmurphylaw.com
- The CEO Legal Loft (Birthday sale in August): www.theceolegalloft.com
- Having a Protectable and Profitable trademark (Free video series): https://bit.ly/tmvideoseries
- Revolutionary Brand Group Coaching: https://revolutionarybrand.co/
- Website: https://lateshalynch.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atelierlatesha/